Our First Day!





We were beyond excited to start our first day in Addis. We went down to have our first breakfast at the guest house. I have to admit, I was a little unsure. We loved it. (I think we had the omelet) Mesfin came to the guest house to pick us up and take us to the foster home. All these months we had dreamed of this day meeting our daughter and here it was. Wow! I thought I would be so nervous but I was just Extremely excited. When we arrived at the foster home and Haregewain welcomed us in and joked around with us asking us jokingly what it was we wanted there? We really did like her a lot.



The moment came when Emmy walked into the room and all I can say is that she was FAR more beautiful than I had ever imagined. WHAT A DOLL!! That memory of my first glimpse of her is etched in my mind. I won't go into detail about our first visit but it did go much better than I had anticipated. We spent about an hour with her and then went on with our day. Many people have asked if we found it really hard to leave her that first day and I can say honestly that because we could see that she needed time to process this all, it was fine.



We went for lunch to a really nice place. I do have to admit that the food was a little different for me. It took some getting used to. Mostly the meat. We spent some time in the afternoon just going to little shops at church hill road. That was quite overwhelming. SO MANY PEOPLE! There is just people everywhere! I loved it!! I love being in big cities with lots of people so this was for me. The people are so kind. I know everyone has been telling us that so it was cool to see for our self.



We went to bed fairly early the first night since we were mixed up with the time change and Bill and I had been awake for a long time. We fell asleep instantly.

8 comments:

    she IS such a doll!! i'm so glad that your first visit with emmy wet better than expected. gives me hope too :)

    Oh I love reading about your trip..can't wait to hear more. I am so happy your first time with Emmy went so well!
    Did you get swarmed with the map sellers on Churchill road?? I still remember how many there were of them!
    Louise

    I'm so sad it didn't work out on Friday. Soon it will! Our kids were so sad to not play with yours and to not meet little Emmy.
    Thanks for the phone chats!
    Ramona

    I have really enjoyed getting to see your recent pictures from your trip, how exciting!! My name is Shannon and I live in Ontario. My husband and I are in the midst of our homestudy. We are creating a blog as well and I put a link to your blog on it. If that is a problem just let me know and I will remove the link. I can't wait to see more of your pictures.

    Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

    yayyy...I love your blog! Emmy is a doll...must admit you have extremely cute children!
    Wonderful talking on the phone with you last night.
    I still can not believe she has been home for over a month! Wow.
    You have an absolutely amazing family and I am privileged to have been able to watch you on your adoption journey.
    Congrats again on your newest addition.
    Love ya

    congratulations....it's great to see her in your arms.

    Debbie

    Beautiful! The tears are welling up. Both because of my own memories, and because of what you are sharing in your journey. It gets me excited to return one day. Thank you for sharing. I'm loving reading your story and look forward to hearing more about the trip!