READY TO GO

WE ARE GOING!!!! YEHHHH!!!! 8 SLEEPS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! Oh my goodness! Our phone call saying our flights were booked came yesterday and I didn't sleep a wink last night. I am farrr to excited!!

We were really concerned with the unrest in Nairobi, that things would get put on hold( and our visa comes from there.) The last several weeks has been sitting on pins and needles and just wanting this whole waiting journey to come to an end.

Last night was such a blast! We went to our Ethiopia get together which a friend of mine and I have started. A friend of mine in the group does amazing braids and was kind enough to do my hair in cornrow braids. It will allow me to forget about my hair for the trip.

We have SOO much to do before we go it's nuts. We are only going with one other couple. I am a one on one person so that is great. I don't know if I have mentioned it but Bill and I are both going. We had thought that only I would go but now we realized if I am the only person from Manitoba, it might be good to have Bill. It will really make the trip for me. We have never been anywhere together so I am thrilled! Our children are staying at friends in my home town so I know they will be well cared for.

We have always dreamed of seeing our sponsor boy who is in Addis, so we have just made arrangements with Compassion Canada to do that. They are FANTASTIC!! They have helped Bill and I soo much with the arrangements and sent us Excellent info on the country.

Now for Packing!!! Wow!! I really need to get going on that. I have been so unsure that we were actually going that I've been in low gear... now I need to move it. We are leaving our house on Friday to drop the kids and then leave on Sunday morning. My sister and mom will come on Wed. to help me with last minute things. I can't wait... I will post as soon as I get back.

6 comments:

    Praise God! I'm so glad that you're going already! So soon now and little Emmy will be in your arm. I've been praying that the situation in Kenya won't disrupt your travels, some times I feel selfish for how I pray since i know there are so many factors in the whole situation, but I so want your little girl to be with her family already. And Yahoo that Bill is going too!!
    We'll be praying for for health and safety as you travel.
    Ramona

    I am soooo glad to see that you are really going...I also had been praying that things in Nairobi would come to peace and that your visa would be issued as well on time. You will be travelling with a Fabulous couple and I can't wait to hear about all your travel stories when you return with Emmy!
    Louise

    Have a wonderful time, Lisa and Bill! It's so exciting that you're finally on your way! Enjoy!

    Deena

    Can't wait to hear all about it! What a great time you will have with your little one and meeting your sponsor child!

    Rhonda

    Lisa,

    I am SOOO excited for you and your family and like the others was praying that your travel would not be delayed !!!

    Enjoy every minute and take lots of pictures !!!!

    Lisa

    YEAH!!!
    we are sooo excited for you guys!!
    many blessings on your trip, to FINALLY hold your precious emmy, forever!!!