Day 6




I know it's terrible how long it has taken me to finish about our trip. Four children and renovations is all I can handle these days. We are finishing our basement and I can't wait. All that extra space.



So going on about our trip..... I think it was day 6 that we were able to arrange a visit with our sponsor child. His name is Kirubel and he is the same age as my girls who are six. I still well up with tears when I remember that long awaited meeting with him. He is SOO precious. He lives with his mother, older brother, and baby sister right in Addis Ababa. He had stayed home from school the day we came so he could meet us. He greeted us with a handshake and a big smile. He understood who we were. We sat in there home the size of our bathroom and talked with him about school and sunday school and things he liked to do. I will never forget this experience. Oh, how I wish it was easier for us to visit him. Compassion Canada found Kerubel and I am so glad we are able to bring a little light into his life. I soo wish we could do more. We only spent about 20 minutes with him but it is on my list of most amazing experiences. We had brought him some gifts of school supplies and a soccer ball and needless to say, he absolutely loved his soccer ball. The smile on his face when he saw the ball was priceless. It was hard for me to leave him knowing that I would probably never see him again but just love him soo much.

1 comments:

    I got to meet my compassion child when I went in October (I recognize Yosef in the picture :).
    I was fortunate enough to spend over 2 hours with her. You are right....it is an absolutely amazing experience. I can't wait to see her again when we go back to E to pick up our kids (one day hopefully!).

    Ricki